Consigning at BFC is easy! Just follow the guidelines set and you'll be through the whole process in minutes.
- Bring in your clean, chip/crack-free & showroom ready home decor items to us in boxes or disposable shopping bags with fragile and breakable items wrapped up so it doesn't get broken in transit. (Don't forget batteries & bulbs, if needed)
- Large furniture items require pre-approval before bringing them in. Please email us pictures of your item(s), a description, your name and phone number. We will contact you regarding acceptance.
- At Best Friend’s Consignment we accept quality and designer clothing from sizes 0 Petite to 3X/4X.
- All items must be authentic and within the last 2-3 years old.
- No limits and no appointment necessary (we accept consignments up until one hour/60 minutes before we close for the day).
- We request all clothing items being brought in should be neat, clean, pressed and on hangers. This allows us to sort through your items quicker and keeps them from getting wrinkled. All items should be ready to hit the floor when we are finished processing. (We can provide hangers for you to pick up before you bring in clothing - just ask and we can usually give you as many as you need).
- Even if they are amazing clothing pieces, wrinkled items just don't sell, and if you'd like for us to steam them, there is a $5/per item fee. For the safety of our employees, we will not be able to go through items brought in garbage bags.
- Currently we are limiting our jewelry to brands in current styles like Pandora, Brighton, Silpada and Chico’s. Please inquire about your jewelry brands if you have any questions.
- Jewelry should be placed in individual ziplock bags so the items don't get tangled and are easier to look through. We only accept jewelry items of a higher quality and brands which are easily identifiable and, like our other items, a current trend and color. We are not able to accept real, high-end jewelry (diamonds, etc) and are not responsible for pricing items as costume as we do not have the knowledge/equipment of a certified jeweler to determine authenticity.
- Please place purses, shoes and home decor items in a shopping bag, tote or box you can leave.
- Seasonal clothing and accessories must be current (no more than a couple of years old) and of highest quality.
- We do accept pajamas, bras and swimwear only if they are new with tags
Please understand we cannot take clothing which is more than a couple of years old even if you only wore it one time or still has the tags attached. Sizing has changed enough over the last decade that a current size 8 pant, for example, could run larger than a size 10/12 pant from the early 2000's.
Some brands do not sell well for us or hold their resale value so we may not accept them. We take into account previous sales patterns and brand history. Our goal is to sell your items at the best prices and in the shortest amount of time to make room for new merchandise arriving.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind and check for:
- Holes, stains, pilling, fading or other damage
- Missing buttons or fasteners
- Broken zippers
- Shoes should be clean and without scuffs, toe marks, cracked material or any other defect
- Purses should be free of marks/stains on the inside and out as well as checked for money, wrappers, or any other things left behind
- Everything consigned must be free of any fragrance/odor and pet hair