We'll help you find the most money hanging in your closet and clear out the clutter and chaos to get you organized to get ready each day. Not sure about what consignment is? We've broken it down for you:
1) Bring in those fabulous items in your closet that meet our guidelines. Enter through our intake door at the far east end of the building where you'll see the intake counter on the left. Bring in your items according to our guidelines and complete the Consignment Paperwork. The intake team will ensure everything is properly labeled and ready to go to our processing area.
If you are a new consignor, we'll go over the contract and answer any questions you might have to ensure you are comfortable with our policies and/or procedures. Please be sure to ask if you have any questions.
2) Next we'll process your consignment inventory. After 24/48 hours we’ll start to process your items. We do by Department (so clothing may be processed before home decor or handbags/footwear). There are some brands we are unable to accept because of the original price in the retail store. We can't compete with the lower-priced brands and we actually lose money when we take them. Once in awhile they may be accepted if they are new with tags, but it will be a rare occurrence. If we didn't take them all, please know it isn't personal - it's important for us to only accept items we believe we can sell
Items will be entered into our Inventory System. Each item is tagged with your account number and priced competitively so you get the best money possible. Our goal is to have them entered, uploaded to our website and out onto the sales floor within the week. Select items may be featured on our popular Facebook LIVE shows.
3) It's time to hit the sales floor! All items brought in for consignment will remain on the sales floor for 60 days (clothing & accessories) or 90 days (home decor & furniture). We'll merchandise them and some items are selected to go onto our online store which means your items are seen by hundreds of people weekly.
4) When your item(s) sell, money goes directly onto your account through our online system, you'll see a balance on your account as soon as we finish the sales transaction. You will receive 40% to 50% of the final selling price depending on the item (everything is subject to any sales or markdowns) and you can check your account 24 hours a day. When you have a payable balance, you can stop in to cash out at any time or you can use it as store credit to shop for the BEST items which fit your style and wardrobe (refer to the contract for payout guidelines). If you'd like us to mail a check to you, there is a $1 processing fee which will be deducted from the balance.
5) If your item(s) don't sell, you can reclaim them at the end of the 60 days if the original selling price was over $25. Items priced under $25 that do not sell are automatically donated to charity.
We do need to be called before the set expiration and we'll need 24 hours to gather your items and finish the returned paperwork. We don't have a lot of storage space, so we do ask that you pick up the unsold items within 3 days of calling. If you don't want them back, you don't have to do anything else.
Our goal at Best Friend’s Consignment is to make the process as easy as possible and to be transparent in our business practices. We encourage you to read through the information on our website as well as browsing our online catalog to get a great idea of what sells best for you, our consignors...our partners